Top 10 Best Steam Inhalers
Posted in Nebulizers on June 24, 2017
Steam inhalers are one of those medical devices that often need to be bought for home use, yet are also often mistaken with nebulizers. And such mistakes are justifiable, since steam inhalers and nebulizers serve a rather similar function – both use air to take care of your respiratory system. While similar, however, at the core of it, they are different. Nebulizers use medicine in mist form to deliver them for local action in the patients’ lungs. Steam inhalers, on the other hand, use steam to deliver medicine both to the nose, throat, sinuses, and lungs.
How exactly does one use steam inhalers, though, what is a steam inhaler? Steam, or water vapor, can typically be taken by even just by sitting next to boiling water on a heater. Still, this method is both dangerous for children, and less efficient when compared to typical steam inhalers – they usually have a mouthpiece and / or a mask, to help deliver the steam. Still, unlike nebulizers, even with a mouthpiece we are still talking about steam that needs to be inhaled, and not mist that is injected in the lungs.
So, if you are in need of a steam inhaler, which are the Top 10 best steam inhalers out there that you should consider?
|Veridian 11-525 Steam Inhaler and Beauty Mask.||4||144||$$|
|Vicks V1300 Portable Steam Therapy||3||213||$|
|Mabis Personal Steam Inhaler, Steam Vaporizer.||4||744||$$|
|Magicfly Handheld Steam Inhaler||3.5||199||$$|
|Conair Facial Sauna with Timer||3.5||1001||$$|
|SinuPulse Elite Advanced Nasal Sinus Irrigation System||4.5||1215||$$$|
|MyPurMist Handheld Steam Inhaler.||4||1248||$$$|
|Vicks Personal Steam Inhaler.||4||1499||$$|
|Gurin Steam Inhaler.||4||116||$$|
|Uniclife rechargeable inhaler||3.5||153||$$|
- Veridian 11-525 Steam Inhaler and Beauty Mask.To start our list we are going to a typical steam inhaler in the form of this Veridian 11-525 model. It can be used both for classical hot steam inhalation and also for facial therapy. The device offers various forms of safe, effective and natural breathing treatments thanks to its adjustable steam controllers and the two different masks included. The Veridian steam inhaler can successfully be used to treat or relieve things like bronchitis, allergies, colds, rhinitis, flu, laryngitis, sinusitis, and more. Most treatments with the Veridian steam inhaler take anywhere between 6 and 9 minutes.
- Vicks V1300 Portable Steam Therapy. Going to a classical low-cost portable steam inhaler, here we have a cool device from Vicks. The Vicsk V1300 portable steam inhaler is intended as a light, non-electric steam inhaler that you can take anywhere you want with you. It is completely portable, it has 5 scented pads, and it is 100% reusable. Dishwasher safe and with a 1 year warranty, it has very comfortable dimensions of 3.1 x 10.8 x 5.2 inches and a weight of only 5 ounces. While all this doesn’t make it a professional medical inhaler that can cure anything under the sun, it is definitely a great pocket device that can help treat a lot of symptoms and discomfort.
- Mabis Personal Steam Inhaler, Steam Vaporizer. Back to a more typical kind of steam inhalers, here we have a Mabis personal steam inhaler. Made to effectively treat and relieve the respiratory symptoms of things such as the common cold, cough, sore throat, asthma, bronchitis, flu, laryngitis, sinusitis, and allergies. Easy and comfortable to use, this steam inhalers has adjustable filter free steam control with an aromatherapy tank.
- Magicfly Handheld Steam Inhaler. With our fourth entry we are checking out another of the big names in medical devices – Magicfly. This Magicfly handheld steam inhaler also acts as a steam vaporizer, an ultrasonic nebulizer steam, facial sauna, and facial steamer. Powered by a high quality DC 12V adapter, this device is highly recommended by professionals for beauty, health care, and interior humidifying.
- Conair Facial Sauna with Timer. As we are reaching the middle of our list, here we have a Conair facial sauna that is definitely worth mentioning. Coming with a nasal cone for concentrated problem areas and also including a Conair facial cleansing brush to customize the length of facial or nasal treatment, it also has an auto on and off timer. With dimensions of 9.1 x 7.9 x 7.5 inches and a weight of 2.5 pounds, this device is very easy comfortable to both use and carry around.
- SinuPulse Elite Advanced Nasal Sinus Irrigation System. We are starting the second half of our list with a device that is a bit more “heavy” – the SinuPulse elite nasal sinus irrigation system. Able to deliver a complete sinus relief in less than a minute, this great device has a clog free design that is also leak resistant, has a LED display, and an EZ touch button on the handle that offers a fully adjustable pressure control.
- MyPurMist Handheld Steam Inhaler. Another one of the big names in the industry that we haven’t mentioned yet is MyPurMist. And this great MyPurMist handheld steam inhaler is definitely worth its place on our list. Offering a very fast and effective natural relief from sinus congestion, fly, bronchitis, common colds, rhinitis, and allergies, as well as more problems of the respiratory system. Easily portable, this handheld device can be used anywhere and at any time, and has no need for maintenance.
- Vicks Personal Steam Inhaler. Back to Vicks, here we have their Personal Steam Inhaler. With a working voltage of the item is 120 volts this device provides great relief and vapor therapy for things such as the common cold, flu, bronchitis, various different allergies, and more. With various vapor modes that range from 5 to 15 minutes, an adjustable steam control, and a comfortable, slick design, this Vicks steam inhaler is a pleasure to use.
- Gurin Steam Inhaler. Another classical device from another famous manufacturer, here we have the Gurin steam inhaler. Made to effectively help with the treatment and relief of problems such as the common cold, flu, sinusitis symptoms, allergies, and quite a bit more, this is a great machine to consider when you are in need of a steam inhaler. The variable steam adjustments make it ideal for aromatherapy, the soft mask is easy and comfortable to the face, latex free, and with a 1 year warranty - all in all, you definitely need to give this device the attention it deserves.
We are wrapping this list up with this Uniclife rechargeable inhaler. Another classical device with great design, this is a very reliable ultrasonic inhaler that is ideal for whole families. Powerful and efficient, it can be used for beauty treatments, as well as for symptoms relief. With a built in 1200mah rechargeable battery, a light weight of 1.6 pounds, and a comfortable design, this is a steam inhaler that is a joy to use. Quiet and powerful, it has 2 airflow speeds to choose from. CE approved and suitable for both children and adults, if you are looking for a great steam inhaler, this Uniclife device can easily be your choice.
And here you have them – the Top 10 steam inhalers on the market right now. Of course, as with other similar devices, there is the big subjectivity factor that plays a role here – what a lot of people may consider a comfortable mouthpiece or mask, may be very uncomfortable for others, for example. But while nothing can be guaranteed when it comes to the personal experience with such devices, what is certain is that all 10 of the steam inhalers we’ve compiled above are great from a technical standpoint and are surely worth your consideration.